Get My Books at Amazon

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1st Draft for 'Secret Apocalypse' part 2 is COMPLETE

And it feels so good.

I can't wait to finalise it.

Here's a sneak peek...

I think the thing that freaked people out the most is that the virus robbed a person of their humanity - it took away their soul.  No one wants to believe that death is absolute, that there is no after life. People want to believe that their souls live on forever in heaven or wherever. But the Oz virus confronted people with their mortality, with death. Not just death of the body, but death of the soul, the spirit. Complete and absolute. And that scared the hell out of people. Scared the hell out of me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi James-

    I just finished reading "The Secret Apocalypse". I read it in about three hours- I really enjoyed it! I thought I would give some thoughts- I hope you don't mind!

    I REALLY liked the tension between Rebecca and Kenji! I feel like there is romantic tension there and I hope you explore that in the second book! I feel like all young adult dystopias need a good romance- and although Jack and Maria are cute- Rebecca is the protagonist.

    I guess it also seemed kind of...well...convenient that Kenji's radio plea was heard. I mean- is everyone else dead and Kenji the only one broadcasting? Or is it because he has the army walkie? And how long do those last without recharging?

    But I really enjoyed the first book and I can't wait for the second- any idea of the pub. date yet?

    -Hilary, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hillary,

    Thanks for commenting on my extremely neglected blog. I'm so glad you like 'The Secret Apocalypse'.

    I'll be releasing the sequel 'The 6th Level' at the beginning of next month.

    -James

    And yes! There will be more tension between Rebecca and Kenji. More drama, more action, more zombies, more apocalypse. More of everything basically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! And a neglected blog is better than no blog :)

    ReplyDelete