Get My Books at Amazon

Friday, January 21, 2011

A change

The cool thing about self publishing ebooks is that if you don't like something about your book, you can change it it. You have complete control.

Joe Konrath preaches this over at his blog A Newbies Guide to Publishing. So I'm listening to his always solid advice. I'm gonna change the name and cover of my 'Dead Forest' novella series.

I'm doing this for 2 reasons.

1. There's already a whole bunch of similar titles.

2. I think the new title will really smack people over the head. In other words, you won't need to ask me or anyone else what the book is about. You will know it instantly.

I think that was part of the problem, at least for me anyway. For example, whenever I would try and sum up the plot of 'Dead Forest' I'd be all like.. "Well it's about the Kensei - the sword saints of japan. but it's also about these demonic ninja known as 'the immortals' and there's also zombies. It's like a paranormal young adult fantasy.'

As you can see that explanation is a bit messy. I've never been good with the dreaded synopsis. But I flat out struggled with this one.

The cool thing about the new title: it will say everything you need to know on the front cover. No more questions. No more awkward synopsis.

All will be revealed soon. As will volume 2 in the series. I can't wait. I'm so pumped. Like Arnie in 'Pumping Iron'. Yeah that's how pumped I am. Ok maybe not that pumped but I'm still pretty pumped. You should say 'pumped' as many times as you can. It sounds weird after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment