Get My Books at Amazon

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Comic Books + Sushi Train + Whiskey = Huge Weekend

And it was expensive!

I just blew about $120 on comic books. How on earth did I do such a thing? Well let me explain.... I happen to be of the opinion that 'The Walking Dead' comic book series is probably the single greatest example of zombie literature on the face of the planet (although WWZ is also a literary masterpiece) but as far as comic books go, The Walking Dead is the bee’s knees, the Rolls Royce, the Hulk Hogan, the Michael Jordan, the Wagyu beef... (you get the point).

And herein lies my conundrum. Up until last weekend I was in the possession of Volumes 1 through to 7 of the Walking Dead. And at the end of Volume 7 there is a huge cliffhanger moment – a huge OMG, I effing need to know what happens next moment. But for some reason, none of the book stores and comic book stores in my region were stocking the next Volume in the series.

So on Saturday, me and a few of my friends just happen to stumble into one of the biggest book stores in the middle of Sydney. And to my utter delight they had volumes 8 through to 13. So I had to buy them. I just had to. (Each volume cost about $20). I knew buying them all would cripple me financially (especially since I was in the middle of a ‘boys’ weekend which involves excessive drinking and gambling and eating) but I bought them anyway. And I would totally do it again.

I can’t wait to read them all. But I also can't wait till I get an ipad or some other tablet device. Then I'll be able to download the entire series as soon as humanely possible. And I won't have to worry about storing them in a safe place. I'm the worst at looking after comic books. Nothing I own is in 'Mint' condition. It's not like I intentionally mistreat them. But over time they start to collect dust and get bent out of shape. Or just go missing altogether. Prime example, I've completely misplaced some of my 'Predator' comics.

I mean, check it out...

How cool is that? I freakin own that comic. But I have no idea where it is. I can't wait for the day when I can download it and not worry about losing it (although I suppose it's not that hard to lose digital stuff anyway.) But I probably have a better chance of keeping track of digital stuff than I do of hardcopies.

So yeah, in summation I guess I have a comic book addiction. Also, I have a Sushi Train addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment