Get My Books at Amazon

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cool WIP's

I have so many goddamn Works In Progress. It's starting to drive me insane.
So I thought I'd list them in an attempt to exorcise my demons.

1. The Dead Forest series.

I started writing this series way back in 06 (or maybe it was 05?). Anyways, I'm a huge fan of ninja and samurai and zombies and demonic ninja and evil Shogun's and wise old masters. Dead Forest combines my love of all these things into one awesome and epic tale.

It's so epic I decided to publish them on Amazon as a series of Novellas. Dead Forest - Vol: 1 is available on Amazon and I couldn't be freakin happier about that. Vol 2 is due out soon. I can't wait. In volume 2 we get to meet more of the Immortals.

The Immortals = BMF's

2. The Secret Apocalypse

Did I mention that I really like zombies? The Secret Apocalypse is my version of the zombie plauge. It's not really a WIP anymore because I'm literally moments away from hitting the 'Save and Publish' button on Amazon but the rest of the series is still under construction.

Read the description for it here

I had so much fun writing the first book in this series and the possibilty for the sequels are endless.

3. The Last City on Earth

I'm also a huge fan of post-apocalyptic fiction in general (not just of the zombie apocalypse kind). I may also call this book 'Locust' or 'Swarm' or maybe even 'Locust Swarm'.
Basically it's about the last surving city on Earth. Everything and everyone else on the planet has been consumed by a pre-historic species of giant locust.

4. Untitled

This last WIP is untitled because it involves a book of spells and every single possible title I come up with just sounds way too much like a Harry Potter novel.
But it will be nothing like Harry Potter. It also has a post-apocalyptic slant to it. Not necessarly a post-apocalyptic wasteland type setting but more like how in the anime series 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' some bad stuff happened (i.e. the 3rd impact) and civilisation has recovered or semi-recovered. And the story kind of revolves around preventing the bad stuff from happening again. (By the way, Neon Genesis is one of the greatest anime series ever made. And if you haven't seen it - you should stop what you're doing right now and go watch it.)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting.. I may have to check some of these out. The zombie apocalypses always freak me out. Check out Forest of Hands and Teeth... It's a pretty good zombie read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexi, thanks for stopping by.

    'Forest of Hands and teeth' is defo on my 'to be read' list.
    Good luck with getting your stuff up on Amazon or where ever. I can tell you that it feels fantastic to see your own work available for other ppl to purchase.

    ReplyDelete